This page offers a variety of ways to navigate around the snapshots submitted by a wide range of institutions.
You can download the examplar pro-forma and guidelines (below) that we used to collect the data.
There are a range of different types of exemplar and this page Best Practice Examples lists them all under the following headings:
- Policy or strategy for learning literacies
- Central services provision e.g. library, learning development, e-learning, ICT
- Provision in the curriculum: separate skills/literacies module
- Provision in the curriculum: skills/literacies addressed in topic module
- Learner-led provision, e.g. formal and informal mentoring, buddying, skills sharing
- Literacy and competence testing
Alternatively we have categorised the exemplars to help you identify ones that may be most appropriate to your own context…
Art & Design – Computer Science – Environmental Studies – Health – Humanities – Landscape and Garden Design – Management – Mathematics – Psychology – Research Skills – Sciences – Social Sciences – Statistics – Teaching
e-Portfolio System – Online Tutorials – Personal Digital Assistants – Personal Learning Environment – Podcasts – Reference Management System – Video – Virtual Learning Environment – Virtual Worlds – Social Software – Wiki – Searchable Database