Many of the activities listed and described in our Best Practice Examples have resulted in student materials that may be available to inspire, be used or repurposed. This page attempts to pull those together and also points to other resources which have been developed to support learners with their digital literacies… Please contact the originator before re-purposing.
If you have any to add please send links to lou.mcgill at gmail.com
Portals for learners
- Develop Me! University of Bradford portal to a wide range of support materials and services to help learners
- Feel more confident about being at University
- Meet and chat with other students at the University of Bradford
- Identify your levels of confidence in different skill areas
- Articulate what evidence you have for the skills you feel confident in
- Define an action plan to develop the skills you feel less confident in
- Access online and face-to-face development activities
- Review your progress
For details of this initiative see University of Bradford 2
- Assignment Survival kit – Staffordshire University. Offers quizzes, advice on planning, links to resources and links to departments that offer help and support.
- This is me! – Reading University. Range of activities and downloadable resources on digital identity. For details of this initiative see University of Reading
- Information Literacy Resource Bank – University of Cardiff. Provides a range of interactive tutorials
- Study skills booklets – St Andrews University
- Library Guides – University College Falmouth
- Study guides for specific databases – Glasgow Caledonian University. Grouped by subject discipline and included with access points to the databases for the following subjects: Business, Engineering and Computing, Health, Law and Social Sciences. For details of this initiative see Glasgow Caledonian University
- Get ready for university – Edinburgh Napier University. Intended for college students preparing to attend university but covers a wide range of support materials on study skills and becoming a self-directed learner. For details on this initiative see Edinburgh Napier University 4
- Be wise! Don’t Plagiarise Edinburgh Napier University. Information and support pages for students on plagiarism. For details of this initiative see Edinburgh Napier University
- Student-led Training Initiative in Academic Social Media University of Nottingham Wide range of tools and resources to support a workshop for PhD level students. “For details of this initiative see University of Nottingham“
- Writing for Assignments e-library University of Plymouth. A searchable library of examples of student texts and academic commentary with the intention of supporting academic writing, critical literacy and reflection. For details of this initiative see University of Plymouth
- Reflections and insights into the dissertation process – University of Hertfordshire. Videos of tutors and studentss reflecting on the dissertation process. For details of the STRIDE initiative see University of Hertfordshire 4
- Tutorials – University of Leicester. Wide range of tutorials, including some audio visual tutorials for distance learners.
Subject discipline resources
- Sigma Mathematics and Statistics support – Sigma CETL – Coventry University and Loughborough University. For details of this initiative see Coventry University
- A-Z of Information Literacy Reusable Learning Objects (IL RLOs)
- Open Learn Study skills – Open University. Open educational resources and supporting forums for learners to interact.